Be the change you want to see or something cheesy like that.

In case you didn't know me, I love coffee dates. To me there is nothing better than going to a coffee shop and enjoying your friends...


In case you didn't know me, I love coffee dates. To me there is nothing better than going to a coffee shop and enjoying your friends company over some rad coffee. This past Monday I got together with my "squad" and we went to a local coffee shop known as Avenue. It's a favorite among college students because of its long hours and calm atmosphere. The lattes are superb and the food is delicious. While we all sat and talked about how life was going, hectic schedules, tattoos, traffic tickets, and college grades I thought about how lucky I am to do life with these ladies. One thing we talked a bit about, and I feel like needs to be talked about more among friends, especially women, is how we talk about the ladies we see in our daily lives. 
   I decided recently I need to make more of an effort to build up the people around me. I catch myself on an almost daily basis thinking something snarky about another girl I see, whether it's on Instagram or someone walking by me on my way to lunch. Maybe you don't say it to her face, but how often do we get together with our friends and talk about that "ratchet" girl we saw the other day. I mean oh my god! What was she thinking when she left the house?? Why is it so hard for us to build up the other women inhabiting our spheres, I came across a post the other day and the last line read "Pretty is not the rent you pay to exist in the world as a woman."  If I want to live in a world where that is more than just a nice quote yet something the women around me legitimately believe, I need to start acting that out. I want to build others up, I want to love myself enough to not feel the need to tear people down to put myself up, I want to encourage others, and I want to be a good example to the young girls in my life. 
So, lets do this! Next time you are with your girlfriends encourage them, compliment that girl at Target, let that frazzled mom know she is still looking fine as heck, and remember to be happy with yourself. Because trust me, You. Are. Beautiful.
Peace out homies.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love this. Ali-pie! I do love your sweet, sweet heart.........wishing I was one of those women in your daily life........

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images